4/09/2008

WedComp...check it out!

As evidenced by our previous post, Joy and I love a healthy competitive challenge (okay, perhaps me more than her, but who's keeping track, right?). Seriously, as a photographer and an artist, there's nothing like measuring yourself against your peers and using that to fuel your push to improve and enhance your craft. With that said, we are pleased to support the all new WedComp.



WedComp is a new wedding photography competition open to any wedding photographer in the world with no restrictions as to style, approach or post production. The four categories are Getting Ready, Ceremony, Portrait and Reception. The Summer competition is open for entries from any wedding images from July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008.

Some pretty sweet prizes are offered by the sponsors and a significant portion of the proceeds benefit charity, which is great.

For more information or to enter, please visit the WedComp site.

3 comments:

Jim Cook said...

"with no restrictions as to style, approach or post production."

My approach --- copy the images from your WPPI Awards of Excellence and submit them with my name on them!

Brandy J Rammel said...

LOL!! Re. Jim's comment. And I have to admit after reading the first sentence I could not help but think about your Pictionary defeat;-)

This is very cool for so many reasons. We will definitely be checking it out.

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

LOL Jim. Let me warn you though, I'm my own worst critic, so you wouldn't stand a chance with those images. :-)

Brandy, we demand a rematch. Shame on SkyBus (and all other airlines for that matter!) for canceling that great Chatt to C-bus flight. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.