4/24/2008

elevate3:Denver, day two

Today we put the wraps on elevate3:Denver and what an outstanding day we had.

Kristy Chenell from The Ritz Carlton Denver spoke about creating Wow Stories for our clients and shared countless examples from the Ritz Carlton as she walked us through the Ritz Carlton Credo. We had worked with Kristy at the Ritz Carlton in Orlando before she moved to the new property in Denver, and we were thrilled that she found the time to spend with us today. She literally left folks' heads spinning with ideas.







Later in the day, Jeff Kent, editor at large of Professional Photographer shared insights into getting your work published as well as trends that he's seen in the photographic industry. Jeff was an open book and a wealth of information.



After Jeff's presentation we explored further the topics of marketing, branding, customer service, and destination weddings. We squeezed in some time for a group photograph, although regrettably two members of the group were missing.



(These are three different group pictures and notice Andrew's position in the middle. I don't think he moved a muscle the entire time!)

The evening concluded with a fantastic dinner at Maggianos, where they showered us with an overwhelming amount of food.

After dinner on the way back to the studio those who were riding with me got lost because Gino insisted on changing the language on the GPS from a nice woman with an Australian accent to an old Italian male voice who spoke absolutely no English at all. As a chauffeur, it certainly was not one of my finer moments.

Seriously though, from the bottom of our hearts, Joy and I would like to thank everyone who attended the workshop: Shannon, Autumn, Van, Gino, Michele, Josh, Erin, Andrew, Matt, Jenna, and Katie. We are touched by your passion and your sincerity and each one of you, whether you realize it or not, has made an impact on us. Please keep in touch and know that we stand right beside you cheering your successes.

Blessings to all.

4 comments:

Erin Cady said...

I just wanted to say that this week was such an energizing, amazing way to take a step back and look at my business and goals as a photographer. I'm actually up right now because I can't seem to go to sleep after all we talked about today- my mind is still racing at how to run with all the wonderful information you shared! And by the way, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time... ;) You've given me so much to think about and shoot for in business AND life... Thank you.
Oh and by the way I think I have to buy a GPS system just to attempt to recreate the hillarity of the car ride this evening- Garrett, you made a GREAT chauffer!!

Jim Cook said...

I am so sad I didn't attend this. I kicked myself (which is extremely hard for a fat man) numerous times over the last few days. But I enjoyed the workshop vicariously through your blog. Thanks for posting!

"As a chauffeur, it certainly was not one of my finer moments." -- While it may not have been one of your finer moments, it was certainly a typical moment! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, what a crazy few days. Like Erin said, Elevate has for sure changed the way I look at my business. I love the fact that you two shared all aspects of your business. You hear a lot of photographers talk about all their success, but very few really tell you about all their struggles along the way. It really assures some of us that are just starting out that even though your not a rock star yet, with some hard work and determination it is totally possible. Thank you so much for an amazing experience and a lot of memories.

Anonymous said...

Hi Garrett and Joy, I had such a wonderful time at the workshop. You and Joy are such caring and genuine people. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowlege and I will apply the principles and strategies that you taught to my business. I also enjoyed getting to know the attendees there. What an awesome group of individuals who care deeply about their profession and want to strive to be the best. I learned a lot from them too. Please let me know the next time you and Joy are in Orlando. Will love to catch up with you then. Take care and all the best!