8/15/2006

Image of the Week: Image #14


This week's images comes from Ashley and Jimmy's wedding...or more specifically their reception.

As I mentioned in the previous post about their wedding, Ashley and Jimmy had the coolest dance floor that I've ever seen. There were different colored lights built into the floor and when you stepped on it the colors changed. It really made for some cool effects.

We spent a lot of time getting the typical dancing shots, and then it was time to experiment. I specifically remember shooting this image. I was using a 17-55 lens at 2.8 and right as the shutter fired I zoomed the lens. You can get a somewhat similar effect using the rear curtain sync, but this was done totally by hand. And I liked the effect so much that I think I may have given myself carpal tunnel syndrome by the evening's end.