4/08/2007

Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow (by wideawake)


Hey guys, (this is Joy)

I just wanted to write and say Happy Easter and hope you are spending this special holiday with loved ones.
Just heard this on a friend's myspace page, (thanks Ryan J!) and wanted to share. Beautiful song! Grab a box of Kleenex.

  • Click HERE to listen on LiveStrong website




  • Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow
    Written by Scott Leger, lead singer of wideawake

    Inspired by a friend's cancer diagnosis and the LIVESTRONG campaign, Scott Leger wrote Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow to honor cancer survivors across the world.

    Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow is dedicated to the millions of people affected by cancer. Those who we've lost and those who survive, fight, volunteer, support, research, raise awareness, give and inspire.

    The song debuted on May 19 at the LIVESTRONG Gala and is now available through iTunes. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of this song benefit the LAF.

    Maybe Tonight, Maybe Tomorrow Lyrics

    I heard the news today. It came out of nowhere.
    I wish I could run away,
    but where would I go?
    Is this my destiny? Something so unfair... What will become of me?
    God only knows.

    And they say the road to heaven might lead us back through hell.
    Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.
    We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

    My pride is left for dead, as my world gets shaken.
    The thoughts inside my head are so hard to control.
    I am staring down the unknown, but one thing is certain.
    You could break my body, but you will never break my soul.

    And they say the road to heaven might leads us back through hell, but we're holding on for more
    than stories to tell.

    Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, we will win this fight and bury this sorrow.
    We're so alive, still holding on, not ready to die, so we LIVESTRONG.

    3 comments:

    Dave said...

    What a great song/video!

    Thanks for posting that Joy!

    Daniel J. Watkins said...

    Thanks for posting this Joy -- I shot a benefit golf tournament for a young man that worked for my brother who had cancer back in 2004 (www.danieljwatkins.com/videos/dewalle04.wmv). His cancer has returned -- this time more agressive than before -- and they are holding another benefit tournament for him next week. Hopefully I'll be able to help out again this time. If I do another video I might have to use this song...

    Anonymous said...

    Very cool Joy, thanks for sharing this, very powerful!! Kenny