9/22/2008

Just Create...

Last winter, Joy and I made one of our rare visits to the movie theater to see the romantic comedy, PS, I Love You. I'm not sure if "comedy" is the right classification for the move, as those who have seen it will attest. But between the incessant sobs and sniffles, I suppose there was a good bit of laughter as well.

At any rate, as a side-bar to the primary story line, Holly Kennedy (played by Hillary Swank...who doesn't like her!) is a desperately creative soul, driven by wanderlust and passion. In one of the pivotal scenes of the film, Holly and Gerry, perfect strangers at this point, are walking along a beautiful road through the countryside of Ireland. Nervous conversation leads to philosophical discussion and Holly, in an effort to further explain herself, attempts to quote poet William Blake. She does a ridiculously insufficient job, but the result is something beautiful:

My business is to create...

All I know is if you don’t figure out something, you’ll just stay ordinary.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a work of art or a taco or a pair of socks, just create something new.

And there it is. It’s you.
Out in the world, outside of you.

You can look at it or hear it or read it or feel it. And all of a sudden you know a little bit more about you…a little bit more than anyone else does.


-Holly Kennedy, PS, I Love You

This afternoon we were excited when our dear friend and former wedding client, Annette, came up from Atlanta to put the finishing touches on our new studio gallery. Now every day we will be reminded to Just Create. I guess you could call it the "bow" on top of the package.


Equally exciting, on Thursday, from 6-9 pm, we are hosting a grand opening open house to celebrate with our special clients and community members for Cobblestone Rue. It's a come and go event, and we'd love to see you there. Please RSVP to info@cobblestonerue.com. We will have food, fun, and fabulous prizes provided by some of our favorite partners and downtown merchants.

The studio is in a storefront space located in the Southside District of downtown Chattanooga. The address is:

55 E Main St, #103
Chattanooga, TN 37408

Note to photographers: a special photographers-only open house is scheduled for October 13 @ 7pm. Visit, meet, network, and create new relationships with photographers from all over the country!





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garrett and Joy....

You absolutely INSPIRE me. Wow... is all that comes to mind when I read this post and see photos of your studio. I know how hard you both worked to get this studio open. I'm so proud of you both and a wee bit envious. Someday, maybe someday, Bob and I will take on this adventure too!

I give you both huge props! You are kindred spirits, an amazing couple, parents, friends and so much more!!!!

God bless you all... always!

Much love!

~ Dawn & Bob

Brandy J Rammel said...

Hey Guys!

We are so excited for you guys and your upcoming open house. Your studio is, well, it's WOW! We are looking forward to seeing what all of your hard work brings with this new endeavor. We cannot think of anyone more deserving, you guys are simply inspiring!

Great quote/movie, btw. I go crazy every time someone tells me that they have not seen the movie. I am in awe of how talented Annette is!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your studio looks amazing! I can't wait to see it in person one day hopefully soon.

Amanda said...

Love what you guys have created for yourselves. Love that you used that particular quote from that particular movie. When I watched it, I almost ran and grabbed a pen to write down what she said. Glad you already did it for me. =)

Congrats!!!! EVERYTHING looks beautiful.

sticky said...

Who's bringing the guac?

Alway Photography said...

Beautiful! :)

mngirl said...

You guys impress me so much! I'm so glad I can always say I knew you before any of this got started...when Joy and I would sit on our dorm room floors and talk, and we would all eat together at the Campus Kitchen.

Keep up the great work, and with our travel schedules hopefully we can one day be in the same place for a visit!

Lots of love Genya

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Beautiful, beautiful space. I remember not so long ago seeing your images for the first time and admiring the ones especially from you Forsyth Mansion and thought WOW!!! It is amazing what seemed so far away for me at the time has arrived. I will be shooting at the Mansion tomorrow, walking the same floors and grounds that Garrett Nudd has walked. I feel so blessed and what a inspiration to see that you are still flourishing. I am a fan and will always visit for my inspiration. : ) Congratulations again on Cobblestone Rue!!! OH! OH! And the new bun in the oven!!! What a glorious time for you and your gorgeous family!!! I am truly happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

Joy and Garrett! Awesome! I think God reeeeally likes you. (-: