6/05/2006

Shayna and Andrew





We had been looking forward to Shayna and Andrew's wedding for a long time. The day finally arrived. They were married at the Reformed Theological Seminary in Oviedo, one of my favorite churches to photograph. And it was one of the most beautiful and personal weddings we've ever attended. It started with a beautiful song, I Come to Praise You written by their friends, Jenna and Benji Cowart. Then the vows were exchanged and the ceremony was performed by their friend, Pastor Jerry Gillis, who has been close friends with Shayna's family since she was in middle school. Pastor Jerry recalled a time when their families were traveling together and Shayna was in the ninth grade. They were in deep conversation and Shayna paused and said, "Pastor Jerry, when I get married, I want you to do my wedding." After a moment of silence, Pastor Jerry replied, "I will, but only under one condition...he better be worth it." It was a sweet, beautiful, Christ-centered service, and Joy and I were so blessed to attend.

Shayna and Andrew, congratulations on your marriage and may God's richest blessings follow you wherever you go.

No comments: