6/05/2006

Image of the Week: Image #6


For this week's image of the week we pulled one from last week's wedding at Isleworth. During the first dance couples often end up holding each other close and moving in circles (the way I would probably do it). But Kathryn and David really had a nice first dance, very choreographed and flowing. So as they danced we grabbed several close-ups and a few from a distance. I put my camera down to rest and suddenly recalled the balcony that Joy had pointed out a few minutes before. So I exited the ballroom, ran down the hallway, through the lobby, up the stairway, and to the balcony. Fortunately there was a railing that allowed me to steady my camera, because I was so out of breath. There are two things that I really like about this image. First of all, I like the rich color and the emotion it evokes. The light is shining on Kathryn and David as they share their special moment...and let me tell you, they were totally into each other, it was great. Secondly, I like the sense of symmetry. I know this sounds like a contradiction to recent posts about off-center subjects and the rule of thirds, but in this case being in the center works well. The fact that they're centered under the light, they're centered in the diamond on the floor, and they're centered in the table arrangement of the room, really draws the viewer's eye in and creates a nice visual scene.

3 comments:

c r y s t a l said...

I LOVE that shot! So beautiful!!!

Holritz Photography said...

Wow! You had a great day with light!

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

Thanks guys! Gotta love the places with dramatic lighting :)